Wednesday, November 10, 2010

How To Book

For my How To book, i am wanting to do a book on how to catch a big fish.  I am wanting the focus of my book to be illustrations.  My plan for this is to make the line drawings i want for the book out of pen and ink, scan them into in design, and then after i have printed my copies i will go in and add quick color markings with marker.
I am hoping that the illustrations will speak for themselves thus limiting the ammount of text i will have to provide for the book.  But that will just make the font that i choose more important.
I want to incorporate other materials into the book such as fishing maps, artifcial baits etc. I just have not yet decided how exactly i want to do that.

1 comment:

  1. If you are limiting the text you use you will need to put more descriptive marks and arrows and such into the illustrations themselves. Don't just get caught up in doing pretty fish pictures. Those images will have to do a lot of the work of detailed communication.

    ReplyDelete